Monday, December 10, 2007

Last band appraisal. I promise.

Seeing as I mentioned Slipknot, I am now obligated to give proper praise to Metallica. As a kid, I was raised on Metallica. No other music around that time really interested me. Between their different vocal styles and speed/heavy guitar, I have been fixated on the band for as long as i can remember. Metallica has become one of the most influential heavy metal bands ever. The band has sold more than 90 million records worldwide, including 57 million in the United States which makes Metallica the most commercially successful thrash metal band so I am obivously not alone in the world. Metallica was ranked by MTV as the third "Greatest Heavy Metal Band in History",was listed number five on VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock",and was number 1 on VH1's "20 Greatest Metal Bands" list. Speficially, the black album is one of the greatest rock albums ever. "Fade to Black" and "Sad but True" are two songs that I can listen to any time because they are just that good. The reason why I had to give another blog of praise is because Slipknot or pretty much any other band I like would not be around without Metallica. They paved the way for modern metal, and deserve the credit for it.

No comments: