Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The NOT-SO Amazins

To all the New York Met fans out there, I apologize in advance. However, as a Yankee fan, all season long I have heard the jeers: The Mets are guaranteed playoffs! Hey look, the Mets have a better record than the Yankees! The Mets are winning the World Series no question about it, etc. You have spoken too soon my friends. As it would appear, the Mets have lost 12 straight (yes, 12) games. The Philadelphia Phillies, on the contrary, have made ground and squeezed out tough wins against tough opponents to earn their playoff spot. Granted I am not a Phillies fan at all, but they have without a doubt earned their spot in the playoffs even though the Mets gave their's up. I apologize again, Met fans, but do not cry about it. As well as they played all year (yes im admitting it) they should have had an easy coast into the playoffs. As bad as the Yankees played at the beginning of the year, I had my doubts for them. BUT, the Yankees are in the playoffs and the Mets are not. All I can say right now is better luck next year, and don't be so quick to trash talk in the future.

No comments: